Cheryl has been practicing and teaching yoga for over 14 years. She first became interested in yoga while studying for a Bachelor of Arts Honours Degree at the University of Strathclyde. As a registered registered yoga teacher (RYT 200) and registered prenatal yoga teacher (RPYT), and having completed a rigorous 200 hours teacher training programme with Chi Yoga School, Cheryl has practiced and taught a variety of different styles over the years.
Cheryl launched her own yoga business where she teaches classes and workshops to pregnant and post-natal women. YogaBellies offer a range of pre and post natal classes and workshops as well as coaching in other skills such as HypnoBirthing (which sits very well with pre natal yoga), baby massage and baby yoga.
A firm believer in natural births, Cheryl had her first child in October 2009 and combined her yoga techniques and Hypnobirthing to enjoy a beautiful, drug-free birth which actively involved her husband and her baby.A FEDANT approved antenatal educator and practitioner, Cheryl has qualifications in various antenatal therapies including Hypnobirthing, baby massage and meditation.
Active in the yoga and birthing communities, Cheryl is a member of AIMS (Association for Improvements in the Maternity Services) and is a member of the Birthlight community which supports mums and babies both pre and post-natal.
- BA (Hons) RPYT HBCE BSYA – University of Strathclyde
- Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT 200)
- Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher (RPYT) with Yoga Alliance
- FEDANT approved antenatal educator and practitioner
- A certified HypnoBirthing and Childbirth Birth Educator (HBCE) with HypnoBirthing (The Mongan Method
- A certified Baby Massage Instructor with (IAIM)
- A certified Transformation Meditation Teacher
- Certification in Exercise and Nutrition
- Emergency First Aider.