Lorna trained at Norland College and has spent many years working as a nanny for families of all shapes and sizes. She now puts her knowledge and experience to good use as a parenting consultant and offers clients everything from a brief phone discussion to live in, 24 hour support.
Having worked with children since she was 17, Lorna understands how difficult it can be, and how easy it is to fall into the many pitfalls that await parents. There are so many old wives’ tales out there that it can be impossible to know what to do for the best! Lorna’s aim is always to provide advice based on the latest research and theories of child development, as well as her extensive experience with children of all ages.
To this end it is very important to Lorna to keep her knowledge up to date. She regularly attends courses and conferences in all aspects of her work and is currently training as a breastfeeding councilor.
Norland and University
- 2008 Advanced Diploma in Education (Child Development)
- 2007 Bachelor of Science (Honours) Open
- 2003 Norland Diploma – with Distinction
- 2002 NVQ level 3 Early Years Care and Education
- 2002 Diploma of Higher Education in Early Childhood Studies
- 2002 Montessori Early Childhood Theory and Methodology Stage II
- 2011 Millpond sleep training course
- 2010 MNT Sleep training
- 2010 MNT Care of twins and multiples
- 2005 OCN Maternity Practitioner – caring for newborns
- 2005 Winner of the 2005 MNT and Norland College Maternity Practitioner Award for Excellence
- 2005 Running workshops for parents (2005)
- 2005 Special Educational Needs – Identifying and providing for children with SEN (2005)
Orchard Green Parenting
2010 – Present
- Working with parents of newborn babies, preparing for the arrival and getting started on the right foot.
- Helping older children and families as a trouble shooter when problems arise.
2010 – Present
- Working with families large and small, with babies and children of all ages and in many different family situations.