It doesn’t feel as though I have been involved with the fitness industry for 16 years, which is testament to how much I love being a part of it. I started out with the intent of being a wellbeing therapist but crossed over to fitness almost without realising it, when asked to step in to help out my first employer. From there my love for the industry grew, it’s diversity and at times controversy intrigued me.
Fast forward 15 years and I am now a Mum of two wonderful children under three – and a new passion, – delivering fitness to post natal mums. Knowing how challenging motherhood can be at times, I have a real empathy for my clients. As well as seeing the physical benefits my Mums receive weekly, I have no greater satisfaction in hearing and seeing my Mums benefit mentally both from the outdoor exercise and social aspect to my classes.
- 2011 Ante/post Natal with Lifetime Fitness – Level 3
- 2008 Exercise in Pregnancy Workshop – Fitness Scotland
- 2008 Wallace Cameron First Aid
- Buggyfit Post Natal Training Course
- 2004 Spin Instructor Certificate Level 1 (In-Style)
- Sports First Aid Certificate (Approved by the Royal Association of Surgeons)
- Weight Management Centre Nutrition Course (REPS Approved)
- Nuffield ‘Fit Life Training’ – Extensive health assessment including: Cholesterol & Glucose Blood analysis, BP, VO2 MAX, Body Stat Analysis, BMI, Waist/Hip Ratio & Postural Analysis
- Dru Yoga Leisure course – Metropolitan College, Glasgow
- 1993-1995, HND Leisure and Beauty Services – James Watt College, Greenock
Buggyfit Franchisee and Owner of WAM Fitness & Wellbeing
2009 – Present
- Responsible for the sole promotion and management of Buggyfit in Glasgow South. I deliver ante/post natal, outdoor fitness classes to new Mums. I currently run 4 busy classes each week.
- Management of my freelance fitness business, WAM Fitness & Wellbeing, which includes; a weekly running club with 18 participants, seasonal outdoor boot camp courses and nutrition management.
Senior Programme Manager & Personal Trainer
Nuffield Health Ltd.
Management of two large corporate fitness facilities within the Glasgow area, on behalf of Nuffield Health. Responsible for:
- Liaising with Occupational Health Professionals and promotion of national HEBBS campaigns throughout the workforce. Involvement with on-site wellness committee supported achievement of Bronze and Silver Scotland’s Health At Work Award.
- Successful management including; increase in the annual KPI targets and membership, development of annual business plan, forecasting, promotions, health & safety procedures, risk assessments, audits, staff appraisals, training and marketing plan.
- Personal trainer to 15 clients on a weekly basis.
- Managed a team of seven staff ranging from Personal Trainers and External Class/yoga Instructors to Alternative Therapists.
- Taught 5 studio based classes per week including Spin, LBT, Stability Ball, Circuit, relaxation and Abs/core classes.