Fish and Carrot Mash Recipe (8+ months)
Fish is an excellent source of protein for your growing baby. This tasty fish mash recipe includes carrots which add natural sweetness.
- Age: 8-12 months
- Portions: 2-3 portions
- Can be frozen
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
300g Potatoes (2 or 3 medium potatoes)
100g Haddock fillet skinned (ask your fishmonger at the counter to do it for you)
50 ml Cow’s Milk (3 tablespoons)
2 / 3 Broccoli Florets
- Steam or boil peeled potatoes cut into quarters until soft (roughly 15 minutes.)
- Steam or boil chopped carrot and broccoli until soft (roughly 10 minutes.)
- Place fish and milk in a saucepan and cook gently until fish is cooked throughout. Alternatively cook fish and milk in microwave for 4 minutes (depending on wattage.)
- Drain potatoes when cooked and return to pan.
- Add olive oil and tablespoon of milk from fish to potatoes then mash potatoes until soft and creamy.
- Add broccoli and carrots and mash to a lumpy consistency.
- Check fish for bones, flake into potatoes with a fork and mix.