Badam Ka Shorba
We asked celebrity chef Sanjeev Kapoor… With the weather getting colder by the day, our mums love nothing more than a bowl of warming soup. Can you suggest a recipe for a healthy, hearty soup for the whole family?
Badam Ka Shorba is an almond soup; very simple to make but lovely and warming!
Click here for more recipes by Chef Sanjeev Kapoor.
Badam Ka Shorba (Almond Soup)
- 175 grams badam (almonds)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1¼ teaspoons refined flour/all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper powder
- 1½ tablespoons single cream
- White pepper powder to taste
- Soak the almonds in hot water for a few minutes. Drain and peel. Slice ten to twelve for garnish and grind the rest to a smooth paste.
- Melt butter in a pan and add refined flour. Sauté for one minute and then gradually add milk stirring continuously to avoid lumps.
- Add sugar, salt and white pepper powder and cook, stirring continuously, till it comes to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add almond paste and two cups of hot water and simmer for ten to fifteen minutes, stirring occasionally, till the soup thickens.
- Toast the sliced almonds. Sprinkle toasted almonds and drizzle cream just before serving.
- Serve piping hot.