We asked celebrity chef Sanjeev Kapoor… For mums hoping to expand their child’s taste palate very early on, can you suggest some Indian
snacks or meal recipes to suit very young mouths?
Click here for more recipes by Chef Sanjeev Kapoor.
You will need
- 1 kitchen knife
- 2 mixing bowls
- wooden spoon/whisk for mixing
- 1 non-stick kadai, wok or heavy-bottomed pan
- kitchen roll or other absorbent paper
- 200 grams cottage cheese (paneer)
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons red chilli sauce
- ¼ cup cornflour
- ½ cup refined flour/all purpose flour
- A pinch of baking soda or baking powder
- Salt to taste
- Milk as required
- Oil for deep frying
- Tomato ketchup, as required
- Cut the cottage cheese into twenty long fingers or forty small fingers.
- Mix together the tomato sauce and chilli sauce and marinate the cottage cheese fingers in it for fifteen minutes.
- Mix together the cornflour, refined flour, baking soda, salt and sufficient milk to make medium thick batter.
- Rest the batter for fifteen minutes.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadai, dip the cottage cheese pieces in the batter and deep fry till golden. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.