Quick & healthy vegetable noodle stir fry
This is a recipe for a super quick supper for both children and adults to enjoy. It is also vegetarian, healthy and very low in fat.
It can be ready in a matter of minutes and it will taste far better than any shop bought ready-made noodles. The ingredients for this dish are the sort of things you probably already have in your store cupboard. The vegetables can also be tailored to whatever you happen to have in your fridge. So, if you don’t have any mushrooms, just swap them for some courgette or even a red pepper. Just go with whatever takes your fancy as long as you keep the quantities roughly the same, the dish will turn out just fine!
Vegetable noodle stir fry
- Serves 2 adults or 4 children
- A wok
- A sharp knife for chopping
- A chopping board
- 2 nests of fine egg noodles pre-cooked according to packet instructions or 1
packet of pre-cooked noodles from the chiller section of your supermarket
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 60g celery finely chopped
- 1 courgette cut into thin strips
- 1 carrot cut into thin strips
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- 1 medium tomato cut into segments
- 1tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1tbsp light soy sauce
- 1tsp sugar
- Heat the oil in a wok until smoking hot.
- Add the garlic and fry for 2 to 3 seconds.
- Add all the vegetables and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauces and sugar.
- Add the cooked noodles.
- Cook for 3 minutes on a high heat, adding a splash of water to create a sauce.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and some toasted sesame seeds.