Asparagus, red onion and parmesan mini-cakes
I’ve always dreamt of making that kind of dish: it looks and tastes like a mini-frittata but almost has the fluffiness of a soufflé. If I had to make up a name for it, I could call it souttata or foufflé.
It would be a bit of a mouthful, which this dish is not: it’s very light and heavenly, all of that with no cream or butter.
preparation: 20 minutes
cooking: oven 20 minutes/200C
- 10 medium green asparagus
- 1 red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup full fat yogurt
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp. self-raising whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 50 gr. grated Parmesan cheese
- pepper (no need for salt as cheese contains enough)
- 2 spring onions
- Half a lemon juice
- 1 cup yogurt
- Slice the asparagus, dice the onion and grate the garlic. Sweat them in olive oil. Leave to cool.
- Pre-heat the oven at 200C.
- In a bowl mix the yogurt, the eggs, and the 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the flour, seeds, baking powder, cheese, nutmeg, and pepper.
- Pour in the asparagus and onion.
- Butter your muffin dish. Fill each hole to two-thirds and bake for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare the dressing: chop spring onions finely, add lemon juice, salt, pepper and yogurt.