Candy Cane Balls Recipe
These tasty Christmas cane balls are the perfect sweet energy boosting treat for a hungry and busy Santa Claus!
With only four ingredients and no cooking required, these festive-tasting treats, created by our blogger Anne, are quick to make.
Crush the biscuits and candy canes separately in a food processor (the candy canes crush more easily and finer if you have a mini food processor), or put them in securely closed plastic bags and let your kids have fun bashing them with a rolling pin! Don’t worry about being precise with the amount of condensed milk (it’s about half a tin,) as if they’re a bit soft, they’ll firm up in the fridge.
Leave some out for Santa or wrap some up for a homemade present, but make sure you leave a couple for yourself.
Candy cane balls
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 0 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Yield: approx. 26 balls
Keep well for several days in an airtight container
- 200g plain sweet biscuits, crushed
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes (approx. 120g of whole candy canes)
- 200g condensed milk
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- Mix the crushed biscuits, crushed candy canes and condensed milk together.
- Take teaspoonfuls of the mixture and roll into balls.
- Roll the balls in desiccated coconut.
- Put the balls in the fridge to firm up.
Anne’s Tip: The mixture can be quite sticky to roll into balls, so keep your hands damp to make it easier.
Christmas activities for kids
Homemade Christmas Cards inspiration – click here!
More Christmas activities: