Carrot, tomato, and cheese baby muffins
A great baby weaning recipe for little ones who love finger food.
My boy is a finger food kind of baby. I need to be cunning and creative to spoon-feed him his yogurt in the evening. He loves pretty much anything but, like many babies, the thing he finds easiest to eat is bread. Because I don’t want to feed him bread everyday, I’ve started baking for him. He loves it. He gets Sunday morning pancakes with us too. On the savoury side, I’m baking batches of baby muffins and freezing them. My first batch was flavoured with carrots and tomato, but I’ve baked some mushroom and red pepper ones since and they were lovely as well.
Carrot, tomato and cheese baby muffins
10 baby muffins
Baking: 15-20 minutes/200C
- 4 small carrots
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 25 gr. cheddar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 75 gr. wholewheat flour
- 1/2 cup Scottish porridge oats
- Steam the sliced carrots and cherry tomatoes. Leave to cool down.
- Place in the processor with the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix for 30 seconds or so, until it makes a paste but avoid mashing the carrots completely.
- Place in muffins cups in your baking tray.
- Bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes at 200C.