Chinese recipe for Olympic boxing champions!
Taking two gold, one silver and one bronze at the Beijing Olympics, China is the country to beat when it comes to boxing! This recipe is packed full of energy giving nutrients – and a kick too!
Chinese Green Bean Stir Fry
Serves 6 people. Prep Time: 20 minutes. Cooking Time: 15 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons and 1-1/4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2-1/4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2-1/4 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 (8 ounce) bottle black bean sauce
- In a large wok, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Stir in green beans; cook, stirring frequently, for around 20-30 seconds.
- Stir in garlic and ginger; cook, stirring frequently, for around a minute.
- Season with salt and pepper, and then stir in black bean sauce.
- Continue cooking until green beans are tender.
Source: All Recipes.com, Chinese green bean stir fry
Photography: Rooey202 @Flickr
You may also like:
Try this Russian recipe for budding Olympic Gymnastic champions!