Mini chocolate bird’s nests
A tasty Easter treat for your little one’s from Holly Bell.
So quick and easy it’s tempting to eat the lot before it gets to the cases and make another batch!
Ingredients(to make 12):
- 30g butter
- 10g golden syrup – this is about a heaped teaspoon.
- 100g milk chocolate broken into squares
- 40g mini shredded wheat cereal crumbled up between your fingers
- half a bag of mini mini eggs
- 12 of those little tiny petit four cases
- Melt the butter, golden syrup and chocolate in a saucepan over a low heat until the lot has dissolved into a chocolatey shiny mess.
- Then add the shredded wheat and stir with a metal spoon until all the strands of ‘nest’ are covered.
- Using a teaspoon fill the petit four cases with the nest material, making a small dip in the middle of each nest for 3 little eggs to be pushed into.
- Leave to cool and in the unlikely event that these last beyond about an hour, store in a tin and not in the fridge. They go soggy in the fridge you see.
Source: Holly Bell