Nice and easy sweet potato wedges
A delicious vegetarian side for any meal, these sweet potato wedges are quick and easy to make for the whole family. Another great recipe from Holly Bell.
- 3 sweet potatoes (Or however many you need or want.)
- 3 tbsp oil – if BBQing the wedges, don’t use olive oil as it flames in the BBQ
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 stalks of rosemary
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- ground black pepper – a few turns of the mill
- Wash the potatoes under a cold tap, then cut in half length ways, then into quarters, then into eighths. You want the wedges to be about 1cm in thickness.
- Take a freezer bag or any other plastic bag you have without holes and pop all the wedges into it.
- Add all the other ingredients and tie the bag tightly. If you can leave overnight in the fridge, if not, for about 30 mins. The longer the better though really.
- If the weather permits, BBQ them – Once the BBQ is up and running (coals white and hot etc), remove the wedges from the bag, place on the BBQ and give them 5 mins each side until they’re blistering and starting to slightly char.
- If the weather isn’t quite there yet, place wedges on a lightly oiled baking tray and cook in the oven(200C/400F/gas 6) for 20-30 minutes turning over half way through. Keep an eye on these and test using a fork as baking times are approximate
- Serve immediately with dips as a delicious side.
Source: Holly Bell