Spanish recipe for Olympic tennis champions!
Packed with protein, vegetables and minerals, paella is the food of champions! The Spanish Tennis champions from the Beijing 2008 Olympics will no doubt have been filling up on this high energy dish which is a tasty treat for all the family!
Serves 4. Prep time: 5 minutes. Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 leekor onion, sliced
- 110g pack chorizo sausage, chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 300g long grain rice
- 1l hot fish or chicken stock
- 200g frozen peas
- 400g frozen seafood mix , defrosted
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan, then soften the leek for 5 mins without browning.
- Add the chorizo and fry until it releases its oils.
- Stir in the turmeric and rice until coated by the oils, then pour in the stock.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Tip in the peas and cook for 5 mins, then stir in the seafood to heat through for a final 1-2 mins cooking or until rice is cooked.
- Check for seasoning and serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Source: BBC Good Food, Easiest ever paella
Photography: Matt Westgate @Flickr
You may also like:
Enjoy this Apricot french toast for an indulgent breakfast when watching the French compete in the cycling events.