Super quick avocado pasta sauce for kids
Feature writer Anne shares her quick and easy recipe for avocado pasta sauce. A great meal to whip up for your little ones.
With only three ingredients and no cooking involved, you can whip up this pasta sauce really quickly for your little one. The creamy texture of avocado lends itself perfectly to coat pasta, and not just for babies. Add some more seasoning and a dash of chilli sauce and it’s a yummy and quick dish for you too.
I use a mini food processor to blend the avocado, simply to get a bit more creaminess by making it super smooth. However, whizzing up such a small amount can be a bit annoying (you have to keep scraping down the sides of the bowl to get the mixture back under the blades). You can mash the avocado up by hand and either use a bit of muscle to mash it up to a paste or leave the sauce a bit chunkier. The chunks anyway will be soft enough even for babies to easily gum.
Super quick avocado pasta sauce
Prep time: 5-10 mins
Cook time: 0 mins
Makes 1 toddler serving
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 large (or 2 medium) basil leaf, roughly chopped
- Squeeze of lime (or lemon)
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Scoop the flesh of the avocado into a mini food processor
- Add the basil and lime (and salt if using). Blend until smooth
- Spoon over cooked pasta and mix to evenly coat
- to make it even faster, omit the basil and lime
- use coriander instead of basil
- for adults add more seasoning and a dash of chilli sauce
- spread on toast
- use as a crepe filling
- spoon over cooked chicken