Etsy Baby does Where’s Wally
Have you introduced your little one to eighties pop culture icon, Where’s Wally?
Where’s Wally was created by the English illustrator Martin Handfor and the first Where’s Wally book for children was published on 21 September 1987.
To celebrate 25 years of Where’s Wally the London Eye and the Empire States building in New York will be illuminated in the red and white stripes of Waldo’s jumper.
Etsy Baby very much wanted to join the party, so here are the best ‘where’s wally?’ picks on Etsy this autumn.
1. Where’s Wally Red and White Baby Hat – lemarousse – £8.21
2. Where’s Wally Sock Monkey – Youmakememe – $31
3. Where’s Wally Mounted Letter – Roseberry Store – £7
4. Where’s Wally Prop Glasses – MaroDesigns – $4.95
5. Where’s Wally Cup Cake Toppers – HelloSunshineOX – $6.99
Interesting facts about Where’s Wally
- Wally is a time traveller – he has been to Ancient Rome, the Stone Age and even the future. He has met pirates, giants, dinosaurs and Robin Hood.
- More than 58 million Where’s Wally books have been sold worldwide.
- Over 4 million people have liked the Where’s Wally facebook page.
- Where’s Wally has been published in over 30 countries.
- Wally is known as Waldo in the US, Holger in Denmark and Walter in Germany but in every country he looks the same: smiling, wooly hat, red and white jumper and of course the black glasses.
- Expect to see more of your favourite bespectacled character, Classic Media who purchased Where’s Wally in 2007 is about to relaunch the character and start a worldwide Wally revival!
Etsy Baby Graphic by Ana Starhan