Things to do in London with the kids this weekend – 21 to 24 September
Special Birthday celebrations at Westfield Shopping Centre, The Tear Thief and the Great Gorilla Run – London has lots to offer the kids this weekend.
- Join in on the 1st birthday celebrations at Westfield Stratford City. For kids there will be a circus ring master, jugglers, magicians, candy floss and cake pops. Free stuff and special shopping offers available all weekend starting from Friday. Party bag and hat decorating from 12pm-6pm (Fri-Sun) at The Great Eastern Market. Note all the car park will reopen on Saturday 22nd September.
- Visit the meerkats at London Zoo before the weekend starts and it gets busy! Look out for a cheeky meerkat called Pipsqueak is currently looking to be adopted! The zoo is free for children under 3. Adults cost £21.50 but there are family discounts available.
- Be enchanted by the puppets in The Tear Thief at Little Angel Theatre. This play is adapted from Carol Ann Duffy’s book of the same name. A beautiful modern fairy tale adapted from the book by Poet Laureate, Carol Ann Duffy. Age 3+, runs for 45 minutes.
- Watch the Great Gorilla Run on the streets of the City and Bankside from 10.30am (free but you can sponsor a runner here). Perfect for little monkeys! (Free but you can also sponsor someone)
- The Greenside Autumn Festival is on 12 to 4pm. So get your best leaf jumping shoes on and prepare to be face painted! Free autumnal food and kids activities are also on offer.
- Get ‘hands on’ at the Horniman Museum and Gardens in South London’s Forest Hill. The hands on family workshop is perfect for families with children aged 3+.
- Hug and swing through the trees at Tree Top Towers at Kew Gardens. Located outside the Climbers and Creepers play area, the new outdoor play area includes three towers, rope bridges and ladders for children aged 3 to 11.
- Visit Battersea Dogs and Cat home. The tours will be taking place every Thursday, Saturday and Sunday from 6th September – 4th November. Entry is a £2 donation. Tours are on a first come, first served basis.
Disclaimer: The Westfield information in this article is sponsored content.
Great Gorilla Run Image by internets_dairy @ Flickr