Recall Dentinox Teething Gel

Dentinox are taking the precautionary measure of asking consumers to return Dentinox Teething Gel Packs.

Further information can be found in the  MHRA (Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency) Dentinox Glyoxal Recall.

See ‘How to Relieve Baby’s Teething Pain‘ for alternative pain relief for your baby

Product Details

Product NameDentinox Teething Gel Packs
Company, brand or retail storeDDD Ltd
Recall DateFri 18th Dec 2009
Product TypeTeething
HazardDDD Limited is recalling the above batches of Dentinox Teething Gel due to the presence of very small amounts of a contaminant, Glyoxal, in the product. Glyoxal occurs naturally and is found in the environment and some foods at very low levels. Affected batches are being recalled as a precaution due to the possibility of accumulation since the product is used in infants and young children with immature metabolic systems.
IncidentsThe Company has not received any reports of adverse reactions associated with these batches.
RemedyThis recall is a precaution, and customers who would like further information should call the Dentinox Customer Care Line. To obtain a full refund please return the product to the retailer.
Batch Number(s)BASEP09 BBSEP09 BGSEP09 BLSEP09 BFOCT09 BFNOV09 BINOV09 BGNOV09
Contact Telephone+44 (0)20 8994 9874
Recall TypeRecall
Recall AuthorityTrading Standards
Recall CountryUnited Kingdom
NotesFurther information on the Dentinox Teething Gel Packs Recall is available at the following address: DDD Limited, 94, Rickmansworth Road, Watford, Herts, WD18 7JJ

Comments for 'Recall Dentinox Teething Gel'

15 Responses to Recall Dentinox Teething Gel

1. Pingback: Teething - Netmums Coffeehouse

2. Pingback: stop using teething gel? - Netmums Coffeehouse

3. Pingback: How to relieve baby's teething pain. Teething Signs, Milestones and Teething Remedies | Mindful Mum

4. Madge says:

Thanks for Dentinox recall alert – just chucked out the two boxes I had and going pack to Ashton & Parson powders! They don’t have anything nasty in them.

5. Madge says:

Thanks for Dentinox recall alert – just chucked out the two boxes I had and going pack to Ashton & Parson powders! They don't have anything nasty in them.

6. Stephen Short says:

It was nice of the company to put out a press release, very well hidden indeed. We only knew about this as Tesco hadn’t cleared their shelves of the stuff and it was only flagged up by the till. Prior to this we had been using Dentinox regularly and indeed we had the same batch numbers that are being recalled. My child at the time of the recall had an inflammation of the mouth and a very nasty rash on his lower lip. On calling Dentinox’s helpline we were met by a disgusting foreign call centre worker whom basically called my wife a liar and promised to call me to discuss the matter, I await that phone call from about 4 – 6 weeks ago.

7. Stephen Short says:

It was nice of the company to put out a press release, very well hidden indeed. We only knew about this as Tesco hadn't cleared their shelves of the stuff and it was only flagged up by the till. Prior to this we had been using Dentinox regularly and indeed we had the same batch numbers that are being recalled. My child at the time of the recall had an inflammation of the mouth and a very nasty rash on his lower lip. On calling Dentinox's helpline we were met by a disgusting foreign call centre worker whom basically called my wife a liar and promised to call me to discuss the matter, I await that phone call from about 4 – 6 weeks ago.The company are scum and their products are poor, we shall be ensuring a very nasty pree release shortly with photographic evidence.

8. sarahdooley says:

We have just found out about the Dentinox recall after a trip to Tesco – we have a recalled tube and have been using it regularly over recent days and now my son is covered in a nasty rash all over his body – we took him to the doctors who said it was probably an allergic reaction but couldn’t suggest what he was allergic to – it all makes sense now!!!! If anybody else has the same problem please let me know as i’ve just been fobbed off by the Dentinox helpline!

• denisekavanagh says:

Hi, I have also just found out about the recall after hunting for days in many shops for more tubes! I have just checked and have found empty effected tubes! Is this just coincidence that my son has mouth ulcers, a swollen tongue and is now off his food! According to the helpline, this is not connected. I don’t know what I should do!!

• Sarah Latter says:

hi the same thing has happened to my son was giving the gel to him and after a few days he was covered from head to toe in a spotty rash.we went to the doctors and they was unsure of what it might be .what do you think we should do about it

9. sarahdooley says:

We have just found out about the Dentinox recall after a trip to Tesco – we have a recalled tube and have been using it regularly over recent days and now my son is covered in a nasty rash all over his body – we took him to the doctors who said it was probably an allergic reaction but couldn't suggest what he was allergic to – it all makes sense now!!!! If anybody else has the same problem please let me know as i've just been fobbed off by the Dentinox helpline!

10. Pingback: Dentonox Teething Gel Recall - Important please read - Netmums Coffeehouse

11. denisekavanagh says:

Hi, I have also just found out about the recall after hunting for days in many shops for more tubes! I have just checked and have found empty effected tubes! Is this just coincidence that my son has mouth ulcers, a swollen tongue and is now off his food! According to the helpline, this is not connected. I don't know what I should do!!

12. Pingback: Homepathic Teething Remedies Chamomilla Granules | Mindful Mum