Recall Silver Cross Halo Pushchair

Silvercross, manufacturers of the Halo Pushchair, have issued a recall on batch of Halo Pushchairs. A small number of  Halo Pushchairs have a component which wears prematurely. Under certain circumstances, the worn component can cause the pushchair to function incorrectly, resulting in a small hazard to the user.

Download [download id=”17″ format=”1″] or help identify affected pushchair.

Product Details

Product NameSilvercross Halo Pushchair
Company, brand or retail storeSilvercross
Recall DateSat 24th Apr 2010
Product TypePushchair
HazardComponent can wear prematurely which may result in a hazard to the customer.
RemedyIf your Silver Cross Halo has the following batch number(s) on the chassis call the Customer Service team who will arrange for the service team to provide you with a replacement product (alternative colour only) or a free of charge repair and quality service to your pushchair.
Product DescriptionThe batch number can be found on the underside of the Halo Pushchair chassis near the rear wheel.
Batch Number(s)150209 150409 150509
How to identify this productOn the underside of the Halo Pushchair chassis near the rear wheel.
Contact Telephone+448458726900
Contact Websitehttp://www.silvercross.co.uk
Recall TypeSafety Notice
Recall AuthorityRapid Alert System (RAPEX)
Recall CountryUnited Kingdom
NotesSilver Cross take quality and customer safety seriously and so invite customers to contact the service team regardless of how small the quality issue is.

Comments for 'Recall Silver Cross Halo Pushchair'

23 Responses to Recall Silver Cross Halo Pushchair

1. clare says:

Are these dangerous? What happens?

• lindawhitton says:

Dangerous? That would be an understatement! My granddaughter nearly lost the tip of her finger yesterday. Silver cross have a fan page on facebook where u an read all my comments. Their safety notice says “Halo pushchairs may have a component which wears prematurely. Under certain circumstances this may cause the pushchair to function incorrectly, resulting in a minor hazard to the user”If u have a faulty Halo http://www.madeformums.com/reviews/pushchairs-a… is very dangetous despite the fact that they play it down in the statement! My daughter left a review, this is the linkl To read the comments on facebook use this link; http://www.facebook.com/SilverCrossUK

• Lea says:

Hi, I bought one second hand.. what should I do as I don’t have the orginal receipt etc? im so worried :(

• Colinthompson1 says:

Lea
          Just in case nobody replied to you. DO NOT put your child in the push chair . Check the batch number 1st. Batch numbers: 150209, 150409, 150509. If it is one of them, contact Silver Cross who will refund or replace for you.
          Colin Thompson 07710 804 500

• Ahlem8_2000 says:

Regarless if you bought it second hand SX will repair or replace with a new chair. Get in touch on their customer service number via their website or on their facebook page.

Linda

• Linda says:

Have u contacted silver cross?

2. clare says:

Are these dangerous? What happens?

3. lindawhitton says:

4. i would never of new to i got told mine was a recall so silver cross sendin me a new one

5. i would never of new to i got told mine was a recall so silver cross sendin me a new one

6. Linda says:

This is not the minor or small hazard mentioned by silver cross and mothercare. My granddaughter had her finger trapped in the frame of the halo pushchair. She was lucky not to lose the finger tip but that apart she suffered a lot of pain and will lose the nail, she was a wekk before her first birthday when this happened and it was horrendous. It is being played down too much and no mention of what the actual problem is. Silver cross have been very generous and apologetic over this accident but my main concern is that there should be a lot more being done to alert the public, possibly using the national press and being upfront about the hazard. There are letters going out to anyone who was registered with mothercare but a lot of these chairs have been sold secondhand and no such letters will reach the owners of those.

7. Linda says:

8. Linda says:

Did u manage to get a refund?

9. Linda says:

Have u contacted silver cross?

10. Lea says:

Hi, I bought one second hand.. what should I do as I don't have the orginal receipt etc? im so worried :(

11. Dexterblue7 says:

Hi how can you tell if a pushchair has bene recalled and mended?

12. Dexterblue7 says:

Hi i am worried as my stroller has the recall numbers on ,i have only kjust realised the recall as i was searching for accessories,

13. Dexterblue7 says:

Hi how can you tell if a pushchair has bene recalled and mended?

14. Dexterblue7 says:

15. Ahlem8_2000 says:

I have just had a call from a chap in Northern Ireland telling me his child had his finger trapped for almost 5 minutes. He has also found out about a child who lost the tip of a finger. So, here we are more than 6 months on from the recall and children are still being hurt!

I was afraid this might happen, anyone who did not register their chair or who bought second hand will slip through the net.

I still feel Silver Cross should have taken a large page ad in a few national daily papers and perhaps even on tv.

Our case is now in the hands of a lawyer but I would like to hear from anyone else who has had a child injured. Call me on 07909 520 686 or email ahlem8_2000@yahoo.com using subject SX.Halo.

Silver Cross have managed to keep this under wraps to a degree and it has had nothing like the attention given to the McLaren recall. To my mind the SX issue is more serious because it happens when the chair is being used correctly. It has nothing to do with irresponsible folding of the chair as in McLaren cases.

16. Colin says:

Silver Cross Halo Pushchair – design fault , danger, recall, faulty, dangerous!!

EXTREMELY DANGEROUS – My son almost lost a finger and suffered excruciating pain. I do not want this to happen to another child.
    Not an obvious fault but i will try to explain. If the child is sitting in pushchair and places his/her hand on the side frame, at the joint/fold/hinged area the is an extruding plastic component that has no visual gap. If the buggy is tilted, twisted or leaned on, a gap of 3 to 6mm appears. When the pressure or force is released on the buggy, the gap closes and WILL trap the childs’ finger. BE AWARE THAT THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS.

Photos available or you can call me for advice: Colin – 07710 804 500.
    There was a recall for batch numbers: 150209, 150409, 150509 but this recall does not publicly state the danger or design fault.

17. Ahlem8_2000 says:

Thanks mindfulmum, I can no longer find this recall notice on SX website which is not good. Many mums will use your link printed on facebook to read this. It is also now in the National Press.