BPA Free Bottles UK
Since 2009, Mindful Mum has campaigned for a ban on BPA in baby bottles and weaning products. Studies link low doses of BPA during early development to breast and prostrate cancer, heart disease, diabetes, obesity and ADHS later in life.
BPA campaign update
Great news for Mums and babies across Europe. Mindful Mum congratulates the EU commission’s decision to the health of babies before commercial profit.
As of 1st of June, the chemical, Bishpenol A (BPA), is banned from all baby bottles in the EU.
Until then, find a list of BPA Free Bottles available in the UK to help you select a safe alternative when shopping for baby bottles.
BPA Free Bottles In UK
- BornFree™ baby bottles, cups and accessories are free of BPA, Phthalates and PVC.
- Babisil Silbottle uses silicone to create bottles free of BPA, estrogens and phthalates.
- NUK has re-launched a BPA free range with a BPA-free sticker on new NUK bottles.
- Bibi bottle range includes Bisphenol A (BPA) free alternative for health conscious parents.
- Medela offer BPA free plastic bottles.
- MAM bottles are made with polypropylene, and are BPA free.
- Philips Avent still has some bottles made with polycarbonate but they have recently launched BPA free plastic bottles.*
- Tommee Tippee still has some bottles made with polycarbonate but they have recently launched BPA free plastic bottles.*
- Dr Browns still has some bottles made with polycarbonate but they have recently launched BPA free plastic bottles.